Spectra and structure of salts of triphenylphosphine-N-phenylimine and its complexes with phenols
- 30 Downloads
The IR spectra of salts of triphenylphosphine-N-phenylimine and its complexes with phenol were investigated.
The aggregate of spectral data obtained permits characterization of the structure of salts of phosphinimines as mesomeric with a pronounced phosphonium structure.
The interaction of triphenylphosphine-N-phenylimine with phenol and p-bromophenol leads to the formation of complexes with a hydrogen bond with a 1∶1 composition, which were isolated in crystalline form.
In the complex of pentachlorophenol with triphenylphosphine-N-phenylimine, the spectral data indicate a strong acid-base interaction, which leads to protonation of the phosphinimine molecule.
KeywordsHydrogen Phenol Hydrogen Bond Spectral Data Phosphonium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. G. Edel'man and B. I. Stepanov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,37, 963 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.T. G. Edel'man and B. I. Stepanov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,38, 195 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Gilyarov, A. M. Maksudov, B. A. Korolev, B. I. Stepanov, and M. I. Kabachnik, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2019 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.G. K. Genkina, B. A. Korolev, V. A. Gilyarov, B. I. Stepanov, and M. I. Kabachnik, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,39, 326 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.E. I. Matrosov, Zh. Strukt. Khim.,7, 708 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Sisler and N. Smith, J. Organ. Chem.,26, 611 (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Yagupsky, Inorgan. Chem.,6, 1770 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.I. N. Zhmurova, A. A. Kisilenko, and A. V. Kirsanov, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,32, 2580 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Hill and G. Meaking, J. Chem. Soc., 761 (1958).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Brawnholtz, E. Ebsworth, E. Mann, and N. Sheppard, J. Chem., Soc., 2780 (1958).Google Scholar
- 11.Topics in Phosphorus Chemistry, New York, Vol. 5 (1967), pp. 386, 410.Google Scholar
- 12.L. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], IL (1963).Google Scholar
- 13.R. Heacock and L. Marion, Canad. J. Chem.,34, 1782 (1956).Google Scholar
- 14.G. Singh and H. Zimmer, J. Organ. Chem.,30, 313 (1965).Google Scholar
- 15.T. Gramstag and G. van Binst, Spectrochim. Acta,22, 1681 (1966).Google Scholar
- 16.H. Staudinger and J. Meuer, Helv. Chim. Acta,2, 635 (1919); H. Staudinger and E. Hauser, Helv. Chim. Acta,4, 861 (1921).Google Scholar
- 17.G. Wittig and E. Kochendoerter, Chem. Ber.,97, 741 (1964).Google Scholar
- 18.L. Horner and H. Oedinger, Liebigs. Ann. Chem.,627, 142 (1959).Google Scholar
- 19.H. Hoffmann, L. Horner, H. G. Wippel, and D. Michel, Chem. Ber.,95, 523 (1962).Google Scholar