Influence of the solvent on the durability of cellulose acetate films formed from solutions
- 36 Downloads
The authors examine the influence of the nature of the solvent on the time dependence of the strengths of films obtained from solutions of cellulose acetate in various solvents. They found that the durability of the films depends on the nature of the solvent. They have established that as the thermodynamic affinity of the solvent in the film-forming solutions gets worse, the durability of the films passes through a maximum; the nature of the solvent influences the parameter γ in the equation for the durability, which is responsible for changes in the structure of the polymer.
KeywordsPolymer Acetate Cellulose Time Dependence Cellulose Acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. K. Kurbanaliev, A. A. Tager, and V. E. Dreval', Mekh. Polim., No. 2, 358 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.P. I. Zubov, V. A. Voronkov, and L. A. Sukhareva, Vysokomol. Soed.,B10, 92 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.T. V. Dorokhina, P. I. Zubov, and A. S. Novikov, Vysokomol. Soed.,1, 36 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Tager, Reports to Eighteenth Conference on High-Molecular Compounds [in Russian], Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.W. J. Badgley and J. H. Mark, J. Phys. Coll. Chem.,51, 58 (1947).Google Scholar
- 6.S. N. Zhurkov, Vestn. Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 11, 78 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.R. S. Stein and G. L. Wilkes, J. Polym. Sci., No. 7, 1965 (1969).Google Scholar