The role of the porous structure of the filler in the reinfo rcement of polymers
- 25 Downloads
Composites consisting of polyethylene and porous fillers with various pore sizes (from 22 to 115 Å) and surface types have been investigated. It is shown that the polymer filling the pores takes part in the deformation processes. The modulus of elasticity of the filled polymers is directly proportional to the filler surface per gram polymer. It is proposed to characterize the activity of the fillers by reference to the slope of the straight lines E-S with the hydrodynamic effect excluded.
KeywordsPolymer Polyethylene Pore Size Porous Structure Deformation Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Kraus (editor), Reinforcement of Elastomers, Wiley (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.H. J. Alter, J. Appl. Polym. Sci.,9, 1525 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.E. A. Chirkova, L. A. Irgen, and Yu. A. Él'tekov, 2nd All-Union Symposium on Surface Effects in Polymers [in Russian], Kiev (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Kraus (editor), Reinforcement of Elastomers, Wiley (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Brunauer, Adsorption of Gases and Vapors [Russian translation], Moscow (1948), p. 213.Google Scholar