Hydrogenation of 2,3-dimethyl-1,3-butadiene with hydrogen sorbed on Raney nickel
- 29 Downloads
In the hydrogenation of 2,3-dimethyl-1,3-butadiene with molecular hydrogen over Raney nickel the diene is simultaneously partially hydrogenated by hydrogen sorbed in the catalyst.
Orientation in the hydrogenation of the diene by sorbed hydrogen depends on the extent to which hydrogen has been withdrawn from the catalyst.
In the hydrogenation of the diene with molecular hydrogen in presence of large amounts of catalyst the ratio of the amounts ofα- andβ-olefin in the catalyzate becomes close to its value in hydrogenation with sorbed hydrogen.
KeywordsHydrogen Nickel Diene Sorb Butadiene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Mozingo, D. E. Wolf, S. A. Harris, and K. Folkers, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,65, 1013 (1943).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Kh. Freidlin and N. I. Ziminova, Dokl. AN SSSR,74, 955 (1950).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Kh. Freidlin and K. G. Rudneva, Dokl. AN SSSR,91, 569 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.K. J. Kokes and P. H. Emmett, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,81, 5032 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.K. J. Kokes and P. H. Emmett, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,83, 29 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.I. F. Tupitsyn and I. P. Tverdovskii, Zh. fiz. khimii,32, 349 (1958);32, 598 (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.D. V. Sokol'skii, Hydrogenation in Solutions [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1962), p. 198.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Kh. Freidlin, E. F. Litvin, and Yu. Yu. Kaup, Dokl. AN SSSR,139, 1386 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Mars, I. I. F. Scholten, and P. Zwietering, Actes du II-me Congrès International de Catalyse. Paris,2, 1945 (1961).Google Scholar