The setting of epoxy resins by complex compounds of boron trifluoride with phosphines
- 20 Downloads
Adducts of boron trifluoride with phosphines can be used as setting agents for the epoxy resin ÉD-5. The compositions are distinguished by high viability, even at high temperatures, while the hardened samples possess increased fire resistance and are distinguished by high light transmission.
The physicomechanical properties of the hardened products were investigated.
The IR spectra were studied, and a mechanism was suggested for the interaction of complexes of boron trifluoride and phosphines with epoxy resing.
KeywordsBoron Epoxy Adduct Phosphine Light Transmission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.U. S. Patent No. 3382210 (1964); Chem. Abstrs.,66, 29761 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.Great Britain Patent No. 977341, April 10, 1965; Chem. Abstrs.,62, 6634 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.I. Tomš and Vys Ŝk, Chem. Techol. Parduluce,2, 127 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.Z. A. Zubkova, L. Ya. Moshinskii, and M. K. Romantsevich, Plast. Massy, Nos. 3, 24 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Sidariku and Story, Plaste und Kautschuk,10, 586 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. I. Éstrin, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,A10, 2589 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.C. H. Smith, Mod. Plast.,46, No. 13, 118 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.M. M. Isakovich and R. V. Molotkov, Plast. Massy, No. 5, 60 (1962).Google Scholar