Transformed steroids Communication 38. Stereochemical and structural direction of the addition of thioacetic acid to 16α,17α-epoxy-Δ5-pregnen-3β-ol-20-one 3-acetate
A study was made of the homolytic and acid-catalyzed addition of thioacetic acid to 16α,17α-epoxy-Δ5-pregnen-3β-o1-20-one 3-acetate.
In both cases the reaction goes in a structurally selective manner that is contrary to the Markovnikov rule, but not stereospecifically, with the formation of the 3,6-diacetates of 6ξ-thiol-5α-pregnan-3β-o1-20-one epimeric at C6.
The structure and stereochemistry of the obtained thioacetates were established by physical and chemical methods.
KeywordsSteroid Chemical Method Structural Direction Selective Manner Thioacetates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Tomoeda, M. Inuzuka, and T. Furuta, Tetrahedron Lett., 1233 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.C. W. Shoppe, M. Akhtar, and R. Lack, J. Chem. Soc., 877 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Akhrem and A. I. Kuznetsova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 405 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Tori, T. Koteno, and T. Nakagawa, J. Org. Chem.,29, 1136 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.L. F. Fieser and M. Fieser, Steroids [Russian translation], Mir (1964), p. 187.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Crabbe, M. Perez, and G. Vera, Can. J. Chem.,41, 156 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Akhrem, A. M. Turuta, and Z. I. Istomina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2646 (1970).Google Scholar