Study of complex compounds of rhodium and iridium with 2-mercaptobenzothiazole
- 39 Downloads
Compounds of rhodium with 2-mercaptobenzothiazole (2-MBT), isolated in the form of precipitation in alkaline (pH 8–10), acetic acid (pH 2–5.8), and hydrochloric acid (0.1–2 N) solutions at a ratio Rh ∶reagent (R)=1∶6, were investigated. In hydrochloric acid medium, in the presence of reducing agents (SnCl2, VCl2), rhodium (III) is reduced in the cold, evidently to rhodium (II), and forms insoluble compounds with 2-MBT. Iridium does not enter into the reaction.
The behavior of complex compounds of rhodium and iridium with 2-MBT toward organic solvents was studied. The absorption spectra were taken in the region of 240–420 nm.
A method was developed for the spectrophotometric determination of rhodium in the presence of 100-fold amounts of Ir(IV) and 1000-fold amounts of Ni(II) and Co(II) in hydrochloric acid medium in the presence of the reducing agents tin(II) or vanadium (II) chloride, at a ratio Rh∶R=1∶16.
KeywordsPrecipitation Acetic Chloride Acetic Acid Absorption Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Ubaldini, Gazz. Chim. Ital.,78, 293 (1948).Google Scholar
- 2.I. Ubaldini and L. Nebbia, Ann. Chim. Applicate,38, 241 (1948).Google Scholar
- 3.R. L. Hainess and D. E. Ryan, Canad. J. Res.,27B, 72 (1949).Google Scholar
- 4.R. R. Barefoot, W. J. McDounell, and F. S. Beamish, Analyt. Chem.,23, 514 (1951).Google Scholar
- 5.R. F. Wilson and P. J. Merchant, J. Inorg. and Nucl. Chem.,29, 1993 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.L. N. Lomakina and I. P. Alimarin, Zh. Neorgan. Khimii,12, 409 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.A. W. Hofmann, Ber.,24, 1403 (1891).Google Scholar
- 8.L. N. Lomakina and I. P. Alimarin, Vestn. Mosk. Un-ta. Khimiya,1, 79 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.L. N. Lomakina, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1966).Google Scholar