Numerical simulation of the dynamics of an intense relativistic beam of charged particles
- 33 Downloads
A method for the numerical simulation of stochastic processes in intense relativistic beams of particles moving in electric and magnetic fields is described. A two-dimensional approximation using “coarse particles” is considered. The action functions are first tabulated with respect to three variables. The method combines high speed and good accuracy. The results of a simulation are presented.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Mathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Stochastic Process Charged Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. P. Lomnev, Calculation and Investigation of Electrophysical Apparatus and Phenomena on Digital Computers [in Russian], Computational Center, Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Enal'skii and V. V. Osipov, Computer simulation of an accelerator process in a high-current ion linear accelerator, Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 5 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.G. W. Petersen and W. J. Gallagher, An analysis of travelling-wave prebunchers, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci.,16, No. 3, Pt. 1 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.C. B. Williams and M. H. MacGregor, Space charge effects in high current linear electron accelerator injection systems, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci.,14, No. 3 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Benton, R. Chasman, and C. Agritellis, Computer calculations of the effect of space charge on longitudinal beam dynamics in proton linear accelerators, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci.,14, No. 3 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.I. S. Berezin and N. P. Zhidkov, Computational Methods [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.S. I. Molokovskii and A. D. Sushkov, Intense Electron and Ion Beams [in Russian], Énergiya, Leningrad (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.I. M. Kapchinskii, Particle Dynamics in Resonance Linear Accelerators [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar