Heat and mass transfer in a solidfying binary melt under mixed convection with account for turbulence
- 17 Downloads
A generalized mathematical model has been developed for heat transfer and hydrodymanics with account for turbulence in the stages of pouring and subsequent formation of a steel ingot.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Convection Mathematical Model Mass Transfer Statistical Physic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. V. Nedopekin, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,57, No. 3, 450–458 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.B. E. Launder and D. B. Spalding, Comput. Math., Appl. Mech. Eng.,3, No. 2, 269–289 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.V. Faruk, Teploperedacha, No.4, 105–112 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Belousov, F. V. Nedopekin, and A. N. Zhusov, “Calculation of the hydrodynamics and heat and mass transfer in the pouring of a big-part-up ingot” [in Russian] (Donetsk Univ.), OFAPMP of Russia (Preprint No. 316, April 22, 1992), Moscow (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.B. Gebhard, I. Dzhaluriya, P. L. Makhadzhan, and B. Sammakiya, Free Convective Flows and Heat and Mass Transfer [Russian translation], Moscow (1991), Book 1.Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Efimov, Pouring and Crystallization of Steel [in Russian], Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.G. F. Balandin, Fundamentals of the Theory of Formation of Castings [in Russian], Moscow (1979), Pt. 2.Google Scholar
- 8.I. L. Povkh, Engineering Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Leningrad (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.I. N. Sushkin (ed.), Thermal Engineering [in Russian], Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1995