Parametric pulse excitation in distributed mechanical systems with nonstationary boundaries
In a distributed system whose parameters vary with time the natural oscillation modes are interconnected and so it is possible to get parametric excitation of several synchronized harmonic modes simultaneously. If the natural oscillation spectrum of such a system consists of almost equally spaced lines, then a periodic change of the parameters with time can lead to the excitation of pulse-type oscillations . This phenomenon can occur both in systems whose size varies with time and in systems whose boundary properties are nonstationary. The present paper is devoted to a study of the instability in these systems.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Industrial Mathematic Mechanical System Oscillation Mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Vesnitskii and A. I. Potapov, “Effective method of studying wave processes in systems whose size varies with time,” in: Dynamics of Systems [in Russian], No. 7, Gor'k. Univ., Gor'kii (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.Lord Rayleigh (J. W. Strutt), “On the pressure of vibrations,” Phil. Mag., Ser. 6,3, No. 15, 338 (1902).Google Scholar
- 3.E. L. Nikolai, “Transverse oscillations of a section of string whose length varies uniformly,” in: Papers on Mechanics [in Russian], GITTL, Moscow (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.O. A. Goroshko and G. N. Savin, Introduction to the Mechanics of One-Dimensional Deformable Bodies of Variable Length [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Vesnitskii and A. I. Potapov, “Some general properties of wave phenomena in a one-dimensional mechanical system of variable length,” Prikl. Mekh.,11, No. 4, 98 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Krasil'nikov and A. M. Pankratov, “Electromagnetic fields in resonators with oscillating boundaries,” in: Problems in Wave Diffraction and Propagation [in Russian], No. 8, Leningr. Univ., Leningrad (1968), p. 59.Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Vesnitskii, L. A. Ostrovskii, V. V. Papko, and V. N. Shabanov, “Parametric pulse generation,” Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., Pis'ma Red.,9, No. 5, 274 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.D. A. Kabanov and S. M. Nikulin, “Generation of pulses in a transmission line with parametric diodes,” Radiotekh, Élektron.,17, No. 8, 1756 (1973).Google Scholar