Stability of cylindrical shells subjected to combined axial compression and internal pressure under creep conditions
- 23 Downloads
The critical strain of a cylindrical shell subjected to combined axial compression and internal pressure is computed under creep conditions. A method is proposed to determine values of the initial deflections by means of elastic shell test data for a creep analysis of shells. Data of an experimental investigation of the creep stability of shells are presented, which are compared with the results of the computation.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Test Data Experimental Investigation Industrial Mathematic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. M. Kurshin, “Stability under creep conditions,” Analysis of Spatial Structures [in Russian], No. 13, Stroiizdat, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.L. M. Kurshin and V. T. Shcherbakov, “On the stability analysis of cylindrical shells under compression in creep conditions,” Problems of the Structural Mechanics of Ships, [in Russian], Sudostroenie, Leningrad (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Hutchinson, “Axial buckling of pressurized imperfect cylindrical shells,” AIAA J.,3, No. 8 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.L. M. Kurshin, “On the formulation of the problem of creep buckling of shells,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,163, No. 1 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.P. M. Ogibalov and V. F. Gribanov, Thermostability of Plates and Shells, [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar