Investigation of the electrochemical reduction of certain nitrophenylhydrazones and the anion radicals formed by the methods of ESR and polarography
- 19 Downloads
The mechanism of the electrochemical reduction of hydrazones of isomeric nitrobenzaldehydes in dimethylformamide solution and possible chemical reactions accompanying the transfer of an electron to a molecule were considered.
The formation of primary and secondary unstable anion radicals was established, their structure was determined, and the delocalization of the unshared electron in them was studied.
A quantum chemical calculation was made of the distribution of spin density in the anion radicals studied. A comparison of the data obtained with the experiment permits a rather accurate description of the hyperfine splitting from the nitrogen atom in the hydrazone group.
KeywordsNitrogen Nitrogen Atom Quantum Chemical Spin Density Anion Radical
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.H.Maki and D.H.Geske, J.Amer.Chem.Soc.,83, 1852 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.G.H.Geske, Progr.Phys.Organ.Chem.,4, 125 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu.P.Kitaev, A.V.Il'yasov, I.M.Skrebkova, and I.D.Morozova, in: News of the Electrochemistry of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Nauka (1968), p. 55.Google Scholar
- 4.A.E.Arbuzov, Yu.P.Kitaev, R.R.Shagidullin, and L.E.Petrova, Izv.Akad.Nauk SSSR, Ser.Khim., 1897 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu.P.Kitaev and T.V.Troepol'skaya, Progress in the Electrochemistry of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Vol.1, Nauka (1969), p.41.Google Scholar
- 6.A.V.Il'yasov, Yu.M.Kargin, Ya.I.Levin, I.D.Morozova, N.N.Sotnikova, V.Kh.Ivanova, and R.T.Safin, Izv.Akad.Nauk SSSR, Ser.Khim.,736, 740 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.A.V.Il'yasov, Yu.M.Kargin, N.N.Sotnikova, V.Z.Kondranina, B.V.Mel'nikov, and A.A.Vafina, Izv.Akad.Nauk SSSR, Ser.Khim., 932 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.C.L.Perrin, Progr.Phys.Organ.Chem.,3, 165 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.Atlas of ESR Spectra [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.McLachlan, Mol.Phys.,3, 233 (1960).Google Scholar
- 11.P.H.Rieger, J.Beral, W.H.Reinmuth, and G.K.Fraenkel, J.Amer.Chem.Soc.,85, 683 (1963).Google Scholar
- 12.P.H.Rieger and G.K.Fraenkel, J.Chem.Phys.,39, 609 (1963).Google Scholar
- 13.P.H.Rieger and G.K.Fraenkel, J.Chem.Phys.,37, 2795 (1962).Google Scholar
- 14.A.Carrington and J.desSantos-Veiga, Mol.Phys.,5, 21 (1962).Google Scholar
- 15.A.Stone and A.Maki, J.Chem.Phys.,39, 1965 (1963).Google Scholar
- 16.R.L.Ward, J.Amer.Chem.Soc.,93, 3623 (1961).Google Scholar
- 17.I.C.M.Henning, J.Chem.Phys.,44, 2139 (1966).Google Scholar