Distribution of adsorbed molecules along zeolitecavities
- 15 Downloads
From the experimental isotherm of adsorption on a zeolite, on the assumption of a quasiindependence of the molecules found in different cavities, it is possible to determine the distribution of the adsorbed molecules along the zeolite cavities. If the adsorption isotherm satisfies the Henry equation, then this distribution coincides with the Poisson distribution, while if it satisfies the Langmuir equation then the distribution coincides with the Bernoulli distribution.
KeywordsZeolite Adsorption Isotherm Poisson Distribution Bernoulli Distribution Adsorbed Molecule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Bakaev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 167, 369 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Lopatkin and G. R. Stepanets, in: Papers Delivered at Second International Conference on Zeolites, Washington (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Feller, Introduction to the Theory of Probabilities and Its Applications [Russian translation], IL (1952), pp. 123, 106.Google Scholar
- 4.A. M, Arkharov, B. P. Bering, I. A. Kalinnikova, and V. V. Serpinskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1434 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.I. A. Kalinnikova, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1972).Google Scholar