Bromination of pentamethylcyclopentadienyltitanium tribromide
Pentamethylcyclopentadienyltitanium tribronaide was obtained and characterized by the1H and13C NMR spectra.
Rupture of the bond between titanium and the cyclopentadienyl ring occurs when pentamethylcyclopentadienyltitanium trichloride is treated with chlorine.
Conditions were found where bromination of the methyl groups in pentamethylcyclopentadienyltitanium tribromide occurs under the influence of bromine or N-bromosuccinimide in the presence of UV light.
The bromination of pentamethylcyclopentadienyltitanium tribromide gave tetramethylbromomethylcyclopentadienyltitanium tribromide. The reactivity of the titanium-cyclopentadienyl bond in this compound toward an alcohol is sharply different from the reactivity of the analogous bond in pentamethylcyclopentadienyltitanium tribromide.
KeywordsAlcohol Methyl Titanium Chlorine Bromine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Rohl and W. Eversmann, German Patent No. 1153365 (1964); Ref. Zh. Khim., 5N112P (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Nesmeyanov, O. V. Nogina, and V. A. Dubovitskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 527 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Nesmeyanov, O. V. Nogina, B. V. Lokshin, and V. A. Dubovitskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,182, 844 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Rohl, E. Lange, and W. Eversmann, German Patent No. 1153366 (1964); Chem. Abstr.,60, 8061 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Dubovitskii, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1971).Google Scholar