Investigation of the butyl rubber-toluene system by the paramagnetic probe method
- 31 Downloads
The paramagnetic probe method permits an investigation of the microstructure and mutual solubility in two component polymer-solvent systems.
In the system butyl rubber-toluene, containing 40, 50, and 55% of the polymer, microstratification was detected at the temperatures 225, 227, and 235°K, respectively, as a result of which the radical probe is localized in portions with an increased content of the solvent.
KeywordsPolymer Microstructure Butyl Probe Method Mutual Solubility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. L. Buchachenko, A. M. Wasserman, and A. L. Kovarsky, Internat. J. Chem. Kinetics,1, 361 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Vasserman, A. L. Buchachenko, A. L. Kovarskii, and M. B. Neiman, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,10A, 1930 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Malakhov, B. R. Smirnov, T. V. Sosnina, V. B. Stryukov, and G. V. Korolev, Vysokomolekul.Soed.,13B, 191 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.É. G. Rozantsev, Nitroxide Free Radicals [in Russian], Khimiya (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Kovarskii, A. M. Vasserman, and A. L. Buchachenko, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,201, 121 (1971).Google Scholar