Study of the extinction of gunpowder in the combustion model with a variable surface temperature
- 29 Downloads
The results of a calculation of the rate of transient combustion of gunpowder during a fall in pressure are presented; these are obtained by the numerical integration of the equations of transient-combustion theory, allowing for the variable surface temperature of the k phase. For rapid and severe pressure drops extinction always occurs, no introduction of special extinction conditions being required. The change in the rate of burning during the extinction process is of a smooth nature.
KeywordsCombustion Mathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Surface Temperature Industrial Mathematic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Marshakov and O. I. Leipunskii, “Combustion and extinction of gunpowder during a rapid fall in pressure,” Fiz. Goreniya i Vzryva, No. 2 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. B. Zel'dovich, “Theory of the combustion of gunpowders and explosive substances,” Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,12, No. 11, 12 (1942).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. B. Zel'dovich, “Rate of combustion of gunpowder under varying pressure,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.B. V. Novozhilov, “Theory of transient burning of homogeneous gunpowders”, Fiz. Goreniya i Vzryva, No. 4 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Istratov, V. B. Librovich, and B. V. Novozhilov, “Approximate method in the theory of the transient rate of burning of gunpowder,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.B. V. Novozhilov, “Transient combustion of gunpowders having a variable surface temperature,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 1 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Novikov and Yu. S. Ryazantsev, “Analysis of the conditions for the cessation of combustion in gunpowder,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 2 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Frost, “Extinction of gunpowder under changing pressure,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 5 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.B. V. Novozhilov “Stability criterion for the steady state of gunpowder combustion,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 4 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.V. B. Librovich and B. V. Novizhilov, “Automodel solutions in the theory of the transient rate of gun-powder burning,” Zh. Prikl. Mekhan. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 4 (1971).Google Scholar