Investigation of the electrode potential drop at a molybdenum electrode in a flow of argon seeded with potassium
- 17 Downloads
The results of an experimental investigation of the operation of an electrode in argon containing 0.15% of potassium at temperatures from 1400 to 1800 °C and a pressure of 1 atmosphere when the gas and the electrode are in thermal equilibrium are presented. The current-voltage characteristics obtained are compared with the theory of electrode processes developed previously [1, 2]. Good agreement is obtained between the theoretical and experimental data.
KeywordsAtmosphere Experimental Data Potassium Mathematical Modeling Argon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Lyubimov, “Electrode layers with a sharp change in potential at hot electrodes,” Teplofiz. Vysok. Temp.,4, No. 1 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Lyubimov and V. N. Mikhailov, “Analysis of the perturbation region of a plasma in the electrode region,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidkosti i Gaza, No. 3 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.V. O. German, G. A. Lyubimov, and B. V. Parfenov, “Experimental investigation of the operation of an electrode in a current of air seeded with potassium,” Teplofiz. Vysok Temp.,5, No. 3 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.O. Biblarz and R. H. Eustis, “Discharge characteristics in a seeded plasma flow,” Electricity from MHD, Vol. 1, Vienna (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.V. L. Granovskii, Electric Current in Gases [in Russian], Gostekhizdat, Moscow-Leningrad (1952).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Francis, Ionization Phenomena in Gases [Russian translation], Atomizdat, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar