Frequency characteristics of a laminar flame
A theoretical study is made of the effect of harmonic pressure oscillations on a flat laminar flame. Frequency characteristics of the flames are obtained at amplitudes of the pressure oscillations which are small compared with the average pressure. It is established that in a broad range of frequencies the disturbances in the integral rate of heat release occur in phase with the pressure oscillations and depend weakly on the frequency.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Heat Release Industrial Mathematic Frequency Characteristic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Croeco and Chen Sin-li, Theory of Combustion Instability in Liquid Rocket Engines [Russian translation], Izd-vo Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.H. J. Merk, “Analysis of heat-driven oscillation of gas flows. II. On the mechanism of the Rijke-tube phenomenon,” Appl. Sci. Res., Ser. A,6, Nos. 5/6 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Putnam and W. R. Dennis, “A study of burner oscillations of the organ-pipe type,” Trans. ASME,75, No. 1 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. B. Zel'dovich and D. A. Frank-Kamenetskii, “Theory of thermal flame propagation,” Zh. Fiz. Khimii,12, No. 1 (1938).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Dech, Handbook on the Practical Application of the Laplace Transformation and the Z-Transformation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.D. B. Spalding, “The theory of flame phenomena with a chain reaction,” Phil. Trans., Ser. A,249, No. 957 (1956).Google Scholar
- 7.E. S. Shchetinkov, Physics of Gas Combustion [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.B. V. Raushenbakh, S. A. Belyi, I. V. Bespalov, V. Ya. Borodachev, M. S. Volynskii, and A. G. Prudnikov, Physical Bases of the Working Process in Combustion Chambers of Jet Engines [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar