Interaction of high-speed microparticles with a system of polymer obstructions
- 19 Downloads
The velocity and size distribution of high-speed glass microparticles in a flow under idenical conditions of acceleration is estimated with the use of the known statistical approach. The results are applied for the study of the interaction of microparticles with a system of polymer obstructions made of polyethylene and polyethelene terephthalate. The critical impact velocities corresponding to complete transition of the particle to the viscous-fluid state are determined.
KeywordsPolymer Mathematical Modeling Polyethylene Mechanical Engineer Idenical Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. S. Stepanov, “On a Possible Method of estimate of velocity and sizes of meteoric particles,” Kosmich. Issled.,8, No. 5, 758 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Stepanov, “Investigation of some physicomechanical characteristics in the penetration of a single obstruction,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. i Tekh. Fiz., No. 3, 111 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.É. I. Andriankin and Yu. S. Stepanov, “Depth of penetration in impact of meteoric particles with subthreshold velocities,” Kosmich. Issled.6, No. 5,752 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Wentzel, Probability Theory [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.S. M. Halperson, Some Phenomena Associated with Impacts of Aluminum, Proc. 6th Symposium on Hypervelocity Impact, Cleveland, Ohio, 1963, Vol. 2, Pt. 2, p. 4557.Google Scholar