Sterically hindered 3-pyridinols Communication 5. Study of the course of aminomethylation and hydroxymethylation reactions in the 2-alkyl-3-pyridinol series with the aid of proton magnetic resonance and of chemical methods
- 21 Downloads
The course of aminomethylation and hydroxymethylation in the 2-alkyl-3-pyridinol series was studied with the aid of proton magnetic resonance and chemical methods.
Methods were developed for the synthesis of 6-(aminomethyl)-[6-(hydroxymethyl)-] and 4,6-bis(dialkylammo)-2-methyl-3-pyridinols.
The 6-mono(aminomethyl) derivative is formed at first, and this reacts further in the 4-position of the pyridine ring with formation of the 4,6-bis(dialkylaminomethyl) derivative.
5-Hydroxy-6-methyl-2,4-pyridinedimethanol (isopyridoxine) was synthesized.
KeywordsProton Magnetic Resonance Pyridine Chemical Method Hydroxymethyl Pyridine Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. M. Dyumaev, L. D. Smirnov, and V. F. Bystrov, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. N., 883 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.L. D. Smirnov, V. P. Lezina, V. F. Bystrov, and K. M. Dyumaev, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim., N. 752 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.L. D. Smirnov, S. I. Sholina, K. E. Kruglyakova, and K. M. Dyumaev, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. N., 890 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Smirnov, K. M. Dyumaev, N. I. Shuikin, and I. F. Bel'skii, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. N., 2246 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.E. B. Burlakova, V. D. Gaintseva, L. V. Slepukhina, N. G. Khrapova, and N. M. ÉmanuÉl', Dokl. AN SSSR,155, 1398 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.Preobrazhenskii and É. I. Genkin, Chemistry of Organic Medicinals [in Russian], Goskhimizdat, Moscow-Leningrad (1953).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Urbanski, J. Chem. Soc., 1104 (1946).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Stempel and E. C. Buzzi, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,71, 2969 (1949); R. F. Brown and S. I. Miller, J. Organ. Chem.,11, 388 (1946).Google Scholar
- 9.L. A. Perez-Medina, R. P. Mariella, and S. M. McElvain, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,69, 2574 (1947).Google Scholar
- 10.Organic Reactions,1 [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1948), p. 403.Google Scholar
- 11.L. M. Jackmann, Application of NMR Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry, Pergamon Press, London (1959); J. A. Pople, W. G. Schneider, and H. J. Bernstein, High-Resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 12.V. F. Bystrov, K. M. Dyumaev, V. P. Lezina, and G. A. Nikiforov, Dokl. AN SSSR,148, 1077 (1963).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Afanas'ev, V. F. Bystrov, L. L. Dekabrun, Yu. N. Kil'yanov, and A. U. Stepanyants, Zavodsk. laborat., No. 1, 102 (1962).Google Scholar