Test-retest reliability of audio-taped phallometric stimuli with adolescent sexual offenders
- 25 Downloads
Twenty adolescent male sexual offenders were evaluated by penile plethysmography on two separate occasions. Stimuli consisted of 19, two-minute audiotaped cues. Test-retest reliability was demonstrated for 15 of the 19 audiotaped vignettes. The highest correlations were found for those sexual behaviors in which the adolescents had engaged.
KeywordsSexual Behavior Sexual Offender Separate Occasion Adolescent Sexual Offender Male Sexual Offender
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barbaree, H.E., Baxter, D.J., & Marshall, W.L. (1989). The reliability of the rape index in a sample of rapists and nonrapists.Violence and Victims. 4, 299–305.Google Scholar
- Baxter, D.J., Marshall, W.L., Barbaree, H.E., Davidson, P.R., & Malcolm, P.B. (1984). Differentiating sex offenders by criminal and personal history, psychometric measures, and sexual response.Criminal Justice and Behavior, 11, 477–501.Google Scholar
- Becker, J.V., & Kaplan, M.S. (1990). Assessment of the adult sex offender. In P. McReynolds, J.C. Rosen, & G.J. Chelune, (Eds.).Advances in Psychological Assessment (pp. 216–283). New York: Plenium Press.Google Scholar
- Becker, J.V., & Kaplan, M.S. (1988). The assessment of adolescent sexual offenders. In R.J. Prinz (Ed.),Advances in Behavioral Assessment of Children and Families, Vol. 4, (pp. 97–118). CT: JAI Press.Google Scholar
- Davidson, P.R., & Malcolm, P.B. (1985). The reliability of the rape index: A rapist sample.Behavioral Assessment, 7, 238–292.Google Scholar
- Eccles, A., Marshall, W.L., & Barbaree, H.E. (1988). The vulnerability of erectile measures to repeated assessments.Behavior Research and therapy, 26, 179–183.Google Scholar
- Wormith, J.S. (1986). Assessing deviant sexual arousal: Physiological and cognitive aspects.Advances in Behavior Research and Therapy: An International Review Journal, 8, 101–137.Google Scholar