Vibrational spectra of organoarsenic compounds
- 17 Downloads
A calculation was performed, confirming the earlier empirical assignments in the IR and Raman spectra of organoarsenic compounds. A set of force coefficients permitting the achievement of extremely satisfactory agreement of the calculated and experimental frequencies in the spectra of the molecules was obtained.
There is a characteristic vibration not only with respect to frequency, but also with respect to form for a narrow group of coordinates with predominant participation of Q0 (As=O bond); in the region of 580–640 cm−1 there is a characteristic vibration for a narrow group of coordinates with predominant participation of Q2 (As=C bond); there is no strict characteristic vibration for the As-O bond.
The difference of the force coefficients of the As=O bonds in the molecules As(O)(CH3)3 and As(O) ·(OCH3)3 confirms the earlier premise of a different nature of the As=O group in the presence of different surroundings of the As atom.
KeywordsRaman Spectrum Vibrational Spectrum Satisfactory Agreement Characteristic Vibration Force Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Sielbert, Z. Anorgan. und Allgem. Chem.,273, 161 (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.E. G. Claeys and G. P. Vander Kelen, Spectrochim. Acta,22, 2095, 2109 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Muller and A. Fadini, Z. Anorgan. und Allgem. Chem.,349, 164 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.F. Choplin and G. Kaufmann, Spectrochim. Acta,26A, 2113 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.R. R. Shagidullin, I. A. Lamanova, and A. K. Urazgil'deeva, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,174, 1359 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.R. R. Shagidullin and I. A. Lamanova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1235 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.R. R. Shagidullin and I. A. Lamanova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1238 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.I. A. Lamanova and R. R. Shagidullin, Materials of Reports at the Scientific Conference of the Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry [in Russian], Kazan' (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Shimoda, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,34, 639 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.L. E. Sutton (editor), Tables of Interatomic Distances and Configuration in Molecules and Ions, London (1958–1965).Google Scholar
- 11.C. J. Brander, Acta Chem. Scand.,17, 1363 (1963).Google Scholar
- 12.L. S. Mayants, E. M. Popov, and M. I. Kabachnik, Optika i Spektroskopiya,2, 170 (1959).Google Scholar
- 13.B. I. Stepanov, Zh. Fiz. Khimii,19, 497 (1945).Google Scholar
- 14.L. S. Mayants, Theory and Calculation of Vibrations [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR (1960).Google Scholar
- 15.R. A. Nyquist, Spectrochim. Acta,22, 1315 (1966).Google Scholar
- 16.F. S. Mortimer, Spectrochim. Acta,9, 270 (1957).Google Scholar
- 17.L. W. Daasch and D. C. Smith, J. Chem. Phys.,19, 22 (1951).Google Scholar
- 18.L. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules [Russian translation], IL (1963).Google Scholar
- 19.L. W. Daasch and D. C. Smith, Analyt. Chem.,23, 853 (1951).Google Scholar
- 20.A. F. Vasil'ev, Zh. Prikl. Spektroskopii,4, 524 (1966).Google Scholar