Effect of substituents in the carbocyclohexyloxy group on the rate of its cleavage during hydrobrominolysis
A number of o-methylcarbocyclohexyloxyamino acids and 3,3,5-trimethylcarbocyclohexyloxyglycine were synthesized.
The use of the o-methylcarbocyclohexyloxy group as a mixture of isomers leads to a reduction in the hydrobrominolysis rate when compared with the carbocyclohexyloxy group.
The presence of three methyl groups in the 3,3,5 position in the cyclohexane ring of the carbocyclohexyloxy group increases the hydrobrominolysis rate when compared with the carbocyclohexyloxy group.
KeywordsMethyl Cyclohexane Cyclohexane Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. C. McKay and N. F. Albertson, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.79, 4681 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Debabov and V. A. Shibnev, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim.1963, 87.Google Scholar
- 3.K. T. Poroshin, T. P. Chuvaeva, and V. A. Shibnev, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim.1964, 1548.Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Shibnev, K. T. Poroshin, V. S. Grechishko, and A. V. Lisovenko, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim.1966, 924.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Blaha and J. Rudinger, Collection Czech. Chem. Commun.30, 598 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.K. T. Poroshin, V. S. Grechishko, and V. A. Shibnev, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim.1965, 1294.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Klieger, E. Schröder, and H. Gibian, Ann.640, 157 (1961).Google Scholar