Equilibrium double-layer capacitance at the metal-binary electrolyte interface
- 32 Downloads
A method has been proposed for calculating the differential capacitance of the equilibrium electrode in the general case, i. e., when the exchange current is not necessarily equal to zero.
An approximate formula was found for the capacitance of the equilibrium electrode, and its relationship to the electrochemical conductivity of the system was established.
The capacitance of the equilibrium electrode in general may differ substantially from the capacitance of the ideally polarized electrode for the same parameters of the solution.
KeywordsApproximate Formula Exchange Current Electrolyte Interface Differential Capacitance Equilibrium Electrode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Grafov and A. A. Chernenko, Dokl. AN SSSR,146, 135 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Frumkin, V. S. Bagotskii, Z. A. Iofa, and B. N. Kabanov, Kinetics of Electrode Processes [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1952).Google Scholar
- 3.L. S. Pontryagin, Normal Differential Equations [in Russian] (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Chernenko, Dokl. AN SSSR,153, 1129 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.G. M. Fikhtengol'ts, Course in Differential and Integral Calculus [in Russian], 1, OGIZ, Moscow-Leningrad (1948).Google Scholar