Turbidimetric investigation of the formation of linear polyurethanes
- 12 Downloads
The formation of polyurethane in the reaction of oligoethylene glycol adipate with toluylene diisocyanate was investigated by the method of turbidimetric titration.
The turbidimetric method has high sensitivity to the changes that occur during the reaction, demonstrates the differences due to the introduction of the low-molecular diol, and indicates the time of completion of the process.
The change in the nature of the turbidimetric titration curves is due not only to an increase in the chain lengths, but also to a change in their chemical nature during the reactions, which is especially manifested at the beginning of the process.
The representations of a two-step process of formation of urethanes in the reactions with TDIC were confirmed.
KeywordsTitration Glycol Chain Length Polyurethane Diol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. G. Entelis, Second All-Union Conference on the Chemistry and Physical Chemistry of Polyurethanes. Summaries of Reports [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1968), p. 3Google Scholar
- 2.S. Siggia and I. G. Hanna, Analyt. Chem.,20, 1084 (1948); H. E. Stagg, Analyst,7, 557 (1946).Google Scholar
- 3.J. H. Saunders and K. S. Frish, The Chemistry of Polyurethanes [Russian translation], Khimiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.E. A. Tavrin, A. A. Guryleva, M. P. Dianov, and B. Ya. Teitel'baum, Dokl. AN SSSR,174, 187 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.A. E. Tavri and A. A. Guryleva, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1300 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.T. E. Lipatova, V. K. Ivashchenko, A. E. Nesterov, and Yu. S. Lipatov, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,A11, 601 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.B. Ya. Teitel'baum and M. P. Dianov, Zavod. Lab.,30, 235 (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. P. Vyrskii, A. O. Klapovskaya, N. V. Andrianova, and O. F. Alkaeva, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,A10, 1628 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.R. A. Shlyakhter, V. I. Valuev, and N. P. Apukhtina, in: The Synthesis and Physical Chemistry of Polymers (Polyurethanes) [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1968), p. 174.Google Scholar