Synthesis of some derivatives of α-phenylethyl- and α-phenylisopropylboronic acids
- 25 Downloads
The synthesis of theα-phenylethyl- andα-phenylisopropylmagnesium chlorides in THF at 0 to − 10° was described. Whenα-phenylisopropylmagnesium chloride is synthesized in THF at 20–45° it reacts with the THF to yield 5-methyl-5-phenyl-1-hexanol.
When reacted with methyl borate, theα-phenylethyl- andα-phenylisopropylmagnesium chlorides give theα-phenylethyl- andα-phenylisopropylboronic acids. We also prepared the anhydride ofα-phenylethylboronic acid and the diethanolamine esters ofα-phenylethyl- andα-phenylisopropylboronic acid.α-Phenylethylmercury chloride was obtained from the and mercuric chloride.
KeywordsMethyl Chloride Ester Anhydride Borate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Kruglova and R. Kh. Freidlina, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. khim.,1965, 2044.Google Scholar
- 2.D. S. Matteson and R. A. Bowie, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,87, 2587 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.H. L. Cohen and G. F. Wright, J. Organ. Chem.,18, 432 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Elphimoff-Felkin and H. Felkin, Bull. soc. chim. France,1957, 450.Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Lapkin and A. V. Lyubimova, Zh. obshch. khim.,18, 701 (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.S. T. Ioffe and A. N. Nesmeyanov, “Methods of Heteroorganic Chemistry” [in Russian], Chapter 1, “Nauka,” Moscow-Leningrad (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.Kenji Kaji and Hiromu Magashima, Chem. Abstrs.,51, 4309 (1957).Google Scholar
- 8.R. R. Dreisbach and R. A. Martin, Industr. and Engng. Chem.,41, 2875 (1949).Google Scholar