On the mechanism of the formation of barene in the oxidation of di (hydroxymethyl)-barene by potassium permanganate
- 30 Downloads
Oxidation of hydroxymethyl-derivatives of harenes, including di(hydroxymethyl)barene, by potassium permanganate to the corresponding barenes includes two steps: a) oxidation of the hydroxymethyl group to the formyl group and b) cleavage of the C-C bond in the barenic aldehyde under the action of alkali, forming the corresponding barene.
The oxidation of di(hydroxymethyl)neobarene to neobarene proceeds analogously.
A method was proposed for the synthesis ofα-barenic ketones by the oxidation of secondaryα-barenic alcohols with chromic mixture.
Oxidation of secondaryα-barenic alcohols by alkaline potassium permanganate is accompanied by cleavage of the C-C bond and leads to the corresponding barenes.
KeywordsOxidation Alcohol Potassium Aldehyde Barene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Zakharkin, V. I. Stanko, V. A. Brattsev, Yu. A. Chapovskii, A. I. Klimova, O. Yu. Okhlobystin, and A. A. Ponomarenko, Dokl. AN SSSR,155, 1119 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Grafstein, J. Bobinski, J. Dvorak, H. Smith, N. Schwartz, M. S. Cohen, and M. M. Fein, Inorgan. Chem.,2, 1120 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.L. I. Zakharkin, Yu. A. Chapovskii, V. A. Brattsev, and V. I. Stanko, Zh. obshch.khimii,36, 878 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.L. I. Zakharkin, Dokl. AN SSSR,162, 817 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.L. I. Zakharkin and A. I. L'vov, Zh. obshch. khimii,36, 761 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Grafstein and J. Dvorak, Inorgan. Chem.,2, 1128 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.L. I. Zakharkin, A. I. L'vov, and L. S. Podvisotskaya, Izv. AN SSSR, ser. khim.,1965, 1905.Google Scholar