The hydrogen bond between sterically hindered phenols and tetrahydrofuran
- 30 Downloads
The intermolecular interaction of sterically hindered phenols and tetrahydrofuran (THF) was studied. The equilibrium constants and thermodynamic characteristics of the reaction of formation of complexes with a hydrogen bond were measured.
phenols with tert-butyl substituents in the ortho-position form two types of hydrogen bonds with THF.
KeywordsHydrogen Phenol Hydrogen Bond Equilibrium Constant Intermolecular Interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. C. Sears and L. I. Kitchen, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,71, 4110 (1949).Google Scholar
- 2.C. S. Scheringer, Z. Kristallograph.,119, 273 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.K. U. Ingold and D. R. Taylor, Canad. J. Chem.39, 471 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.K. A. Valiev, Optika i Spektroskopiya, (1963)2, p. 98.Google Scholar
- 5.D. A. Ramsay, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,74, 72 (1952).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Davis and R. I. Meakins, J. Chem. Phys.,26, 1584 (1951).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Nakamoto, M. Margoches, and R. Rundle, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,77, 6480 (1955).Google Scholar