β-Dicarbonyl compounds Communication 23. Acetoacetylurea
- 21 Downloads
By the reaction of urea with ketene dimer in presence of pyridine in a toluene medium we obtained acetoacetylurea, and some of its reactions at the keto and methylene groups were studied.
The method of preparing 6-methyluracil was improved; it was obtained by the condensation of urea with ketene dimer in toluene in presence of pyridine and p-toluenesulfonic acid and by conducting this condensation in acetic acid in absence of any additions.
Conditions were found for the formation of 1-acetoacetyl-3-butylurea and also of 1- and 3-butyl6-methyluracils by the reaction of ketene dimer with butylurea.
KeywordsMethylene Acetic Urea Acetic Acid Toluene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. B. Boese, U. S. Patent 2,138,756, Nov. 29; Chem. Abstrs.,33, 2152 (1939).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Iwakura, K. Nagakubo, and C. Hosogane, J. Chem. Soc., Japan, Ind. Chem. Sect.57, 947 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.N. V. Khromov-Borisov and R. S. Karlinskaya, Zh. obshch. khimii,26, 1728 (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Perekalin and T. A. Sokolova, Uspekhi khimii,25, 1367 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.H. C. Bucha, W. E. Cupery, J. E. Harrod, H. M. Loux, and L. M. Ellis, Science137, No. 3529 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Eistert, F. Arndt, L. Loewe, and E. Aysa, Ber.,84, 156 (1951).Google Scholar
- 7.Organic Syntheses [Russian translation], Moscow, (1949),2, p. 335.Google Scholar
- 8.F. F. Heyroth and J. R. Loofbourow, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,56, 1728 (1934).Google Scholar
- 9.N. G. Chernova and A. S. Khokhlov, Zh. obshch. khimii,30, 1281 (1960).Google Scholar