The determination of the diffusion coefficient of water vapor in granulated zeolites by adsorption from a carrier-gas current
- 84 Downloads
We investigated the adsorption kinetics of water vapor on NaA and NaX granulated zeolites at a concentration of 1.75 mg/liter, 20°C and different carrier-gas velocities.
At a current velocity of 1.4 m/sec the approximate value of the diffusion coefficient may be calculated from the equation for internal diffusion, i.e., on the assumption that external mass exchange is infinitely rapid.
A measurement procedure with more efficient consumption of carrier-gas is recommended.
KeywordsZeolite Water Vapor Diffusion Coefficient Mass Exchange Current Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. N. Timofeev and O. N. Kabanova, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. khim. n.1961, 1539.Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Lykov, Theory of Thermal Conductivity, Gos. izd-vo tekhn. teoret. literatury, 1952, p. 120.Google Scholar
- 3.S. S. Kutateladze, Fundamentals of the Theory of Heat Exchange. Mashgiz (1957), p. 188.Google Scholar
- 4.B. D. Katsnel'son and O. A. Timofeeva, Trudy TsKTI, kn. 12 (1949).Google Scholar
- 5.D. P. Timofeev and T. Erashko, Dokl. AN SSSR132, 5 (1960), 1144.Google Scholar