Stability of vertical oscillations in an electrodynamic suspension system with a discrete guideway structure
- 48 Downloads
1. The coupling of the vehicle oscillation equation and the equations for the currents in the guideway structures must be taken into account in the stability analysis of vertical oscillations in an electrodynamic suspension system with a discrete guideway structure.
2. The reported calculations indicate that vertical oscillations are unstable over a wide range of travel velocities. Consequently, the execution of steady-state vehicle motion requires vertical stabilization of the system.
3. Effective stabilization can be achieved by means of a dynamic vibration damper. Even for a small relative mass ζ =0.025 of the optimally tuned damper the perturbed motion decays rapidly.
KeywordsStability Analysis Suspension System Relative Mass Vehicle Motion Vertical Oscillation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Boiko and K. É. Voevodskii, "Vertical oscillations in an electrodynamic suspension system for high-speed levitation vehicles," Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Élektromekh., No. 11, 983–990 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Bocharov, I. V. Salli, and V. A. Dzenzerskii, Transportation on Superconducting Magnets [in Russian], Izd. Rostov. Univ., Rostov-on-Don (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.B. G. Korenev and L. M. Reznikov, Dynamic Vibration Dampers: Theory and Engineering Applications [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Kochetkov, "Vertical instability of an electrodynamic suspension," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Énerg. Transport., No. 5, 176–178 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. I. Naimark, Method of Point Mappings in the Theory of Nonlinear Vibrations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.N. E. Tamm, Fundamentals of the Theory of Electricity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Yakubovich and V. M. Starzhinskii, Linear Differential Equations with Periodic Coefficients and Their Applications [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar