Polymerization of ethylene on chromium oxide catalyst at high pressure
- 17 Downloads
A laboratory method was developed for the heterogeneous catalytic polymerization of ethylene at high pressure. The method of dew point determination of ethylene was improved.
The polymerization of ethylene in the presence of chromium oxide catalyst at 50° and a pressure of 240 kg per cm2 was accomplished. The molecular weight of the polymer formed under these conditions was several times greater than that of the polymer obtained at 135° and 35 kg/cm2.
KeywordsOxide Polymerization Ethylene Molecular Weight Chromium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. I. Ermakov. G. K. Boreskov, V. A. Dzis'ko, and L. I. Ivanova, Dokl. AN SSSR,143, 1139 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.F. M. Bukanaeva, G. K. Boreskov, and V. A. Dzis'ko, Kinetika i kataliz,4, 492 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.M. I. Dement'eva. Analysis of Gaseous Hydrocarbons, [in Russian], State Chemical Publishers, Moscow, 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Mitchell, Aquametry [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1952, p. 166.Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Topchiev, B. A. Krentsel', A. I. Perel'man, and T. V. Rodé, Izv. AN SSSR, Old. khim. n.1959, 1079.Google Scholar
- 6.N. Gaylord and H. Mark, Linear and Stereoregular Polymers [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1962, p. 90.Google Scholar