Chemistry of acetals Communication 17. Study of the hydrolysis of diacetals of various types by gas-liquid chromatography
- 35 Downloads
The hydrolysis of diacetals of glyoxal, succinaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, adipaldehyde, malealdehyde, muconaldehyde, 2,4,6-octatrienedial, and 2-butyndial with an equimolecular amount of water was studied by gasliquid chromatography.
Muconaldehyde diacetal is selectively hydrolyzed at one of the acetal groupings with formation of the monoacetal. Under the conditions of the hydrolysis malealdehyde diacetal gives 2,5-diethoxy-2,5-dihydrofuran as the main product, glutaraldehyde diacetal gives some 2, 6-diethoxytetrahydropyran and some glutaraldehyde, and the diacetals of glyoxal, succinaldehyde, adipaldehyde, and 2,4,6-octatrienedial are hydrolyzed to the dialdehydes.
The results are explained on the basis of an examination of electronic and steric factors.
KeywordsAcetal Chromatography Hydrolysis Glutaraldehyde Main Product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. A. Yanovskaya and V. F. Kucherov, Izv. AN SSSR, Old, khim. n. 667 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Yanovskaya, B. A Rudenko, V. F. Kucherov, R. N. Stepanova, and G. A. Kogan, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 2189 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Yanovskaya, V. F. Kucherov, and B. G. Kovalev, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 675 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.L. A. Yanovskaya, B. G. Kovalev, and V. F. Kucherov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n 684 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.V. F. Kucherov, L. A. Yanovskaya, and B. G. Kovalev, Dokl. AN SSSR,133, 370 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Yanovskaya, R. N. Stepanova, G. A. Kogan, and V. F. Kucherov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 857 (1963).Google Scholar