Selective reduction of monoesters of dicarboxylic acids
- 27 Downloads
A new laboratory method was proposed for the synthesis of esters ofω-hydroxy acids and lactones, based on the selective reduction of the monoesters of dicarboxylic acids with diborane.
KeywordsEster Lactone Dicarboxylic Acid Laboratory Method Selective Reduction
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.A. N. Nesmeyanov, and L. I. Zakharkin, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk,1955, 224.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Hunsdiecker and C. Hunsdiecker, Ber.,75, 291 (1942).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Joyce, W. Hanford, and J. Harmon, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,70, 2529 (1948).Google Scholar
- 4.U. S. Patent 2,398,430 (1942); C. A.40, 37688 (1946).Google Scholar
- 5.H. C. Brown and B. C. Subba Rao, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,82, 681 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.H. C. Brown and W. Korytnyk, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,82, 3866 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.U. S. Patent 2,998,446 (1961); C. A.58, 1354d (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.W. H. Lycan and R. Adams, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,51, 625 (1929).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Reformatskii, Zh. Russ. Fiz.-Khim. Obshchestva,30, 456 (1898).Google Scholar
© Consultants Bureau Enterprises, Inc. 1965