Catalytic synthesis of allylaromatic hydrocarbons
A simple method was developed for obtaining allylaromatic hydrocarbons by the alkenylation of benzene, toluene and tetralin with allyl alcohol in the presence of zinc chloride. The yields were respectively 50.0, 72.9, and 60.0% of theory, when based on allyl alcohol.
KeywordsAlcohol Chloride Zinc Benzene Toluene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. C. Huston and D. D. Sager, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,48, 1955 (1926).Google Scholar
- 2.J. F. McKenna and F. J. Sowa, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,59, 470 (1937).Google Scholar
- 3.J. H. Simons and S. Archer, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,61, 1521 (1939).Google Scholar
- 4.Z. N. Nazarova and I. P. Tsukervannik, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,14, 77 (1944).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Tsukervannik, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,15, 699 (1945).Google Scholar
- 6.N. I. Shuikin, E. A. Viktorova, and I. E. Pokrovskaya, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk,1961, 1094.Google Scholar