Synthesis and properties of silicon- and germanium-containing hydrocarbons of the cyclopropane series
- 30 Downloads
Hydrocarbons of the cyclopropane series containing silicon and germanium have been obtained for the first time and their properties described.
In the reaction of the unsaturated silicon-hydrocarbons studied with methylene iodide in the presence of a zinc-copper couple, neither theα-orβ-position of the double bond relative to silicon (in the cases of the trimethyl and trimethylvinyl-silane) nor the nature of the element in theβ-position to the double bond (in the cases of trimethylallylsilane, trimethylallylgermane, and 4,4-dimethylpentene-1) showed a marked effect on the yield of the cyclopropane derivatives.
KeywordsMethylene Silicon Hydrocarbon Iodide Double Bond
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. E. Simmons and R. D. Smith, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.81, 4256 (1959).Google Scholar
- 2.R. S. Shank and H. Shecher, J. Organ. Chem.24, 1825 (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.A. D. Petrov, V. F. Mironov, V. A. Ponomarenko, and E. A. Chernyshev, Synthesis of Organosilicon Compounds [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.A. D. Petrov, V. F. Mironov, and I. E. Dolgii, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. khim. n., 1146 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.C. E. Boord, A. L. Henne, K. W. Greenlee, W. L. Perilstein, and J. M. Derfer, Industr. and Engng. Chem.41 609 (1949).Google Scholar