Hydrogenation of 2-methyl-1-buten-3-yne over raney nickel
- 21 Downloads
The mechanism of the hydrogenation of 2-methyl-1-buten-3-yne over Raney nickel was studied.
2-Methyl-1-buten-3-yne is hydrogenated nonselectively. The isopentane formed in the first stage of the process and part of the isoamylenes are formed directly from 2-methyl-1-buten-3-yne without passing through the intermediate stage of the desorption of isoprene into the bulk liquid phase.
Isoprene is displaced to a considerable extent from the catalyst surface by 1-pentyne and by 2-methyl-1buten-3-yne.
KeywordsHydrogenation Nickel Liquid Phase Catalyst Surface Isoprene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Lebedev, A. I. Gulyaeva, and A. A. Vasil'ev, Zh. obshch. khimii5, 1425 (1935).Google Scholar
- 2.Kh. V. Bal'yan, A. A. Petrov, and Yu. I. Porfir'eva, Zh. obshch. khimii27, 365 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.A. F. Thompson and S. B. Wyatt, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.62, 2555 (1940).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Kh. Freidlin, V. I. Gorshkov, and T. K. Lavrovskaya, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 1679 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.E. D. Bergmann, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.73, 1219 (1951).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Egloff, Phys. Const. of Hydrocarbons1, 390 (1939).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Kh. Freidlin, M. F. Zhukova, E. F. Litvin, and A. A. Anderson, Neftekhimiya2, 670 (1962).Google Scholar