Synthesis and isomerization of 2-n-propyl-5-phenyltetrahydrofuran
The synthesis of 2-n-propyl-5-phenyltetrahydrofuran was accomplished by catalytic hydrogenation of 1-furyl-3-phenylpropanol-3 in the vapor phase on Pt-C at 220°.
2-n-Propyl-5-phenyltetrahydrofuran is isomerized on Pt-C at 300° with opening of the ring at bothC-O bonds: 48% at the bond next to the phenyl radical, and 10% at the bond next to the propyl radical.
KeywordsHydrogenation Phenyl Vapor Phase Propyl Phenyl Radical
- 1.I. F. Bel'skii and N. I. Shuikin, Dokl. AN SSSR128, 945 (1949).Google Scholar
- 2.N. I. Shuikin and I. F. Bel'skii, Dokl. AN SSSR137, 622 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.I. F. Bel'skii and N. I. Shuikin, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. N.1962, 1656.Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Shuikin and I. F. Bel'skii, Dokl. AN SSSR120, 548 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Shuikin, I. F. Bel'skii, and R. A. Karakhanov, Dokl. AN SSSR127, 815 (1959).Google Scholar