Alkylation of toluene with alkyl halides and ratio of the isomers formed
- 26 Downloads
The alkylation of toluene with alkyl halides was studied under conditions of brief contact at 0° in the presence of AlCl3.
The Chromatographic separation of isomeric dialkylbenzenes was studied on a capillary steel column with apiezon-L and polypropylene glycol.
The relative content of the o-isomer, formed in the process of replacement, is determined by steric factors.
KeywordsToluene Glycol Polypropylene Alkylation Halide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. H. Allen, J. D. Jats, and D. S. Erley, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,82, 4853 (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.H. C. Brown and H. Jungh, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,77, 5579 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.W H. Kutz, J. E. Nickels, J. J. McCovern, and B. B. Corson, J. Organ. Chem.,16, 699 (1951).Google Scholar
- 4.W. J. Taylor, D. D. Wagman, H. G. Williams, C. S. Pitz, and F. D. Rossini, J. Res. Nat. Bur. Standards,37, 95 (1946).Google Scholar
- 5.R. H. Allen and L. D. Iats, J Am. Chem. Soc.,81, 5289 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.R. H. Allen, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,82, 4856 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.R. H. Allen, Alfrey, and L. D. Jats, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,81, 42 (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.I. M. Kolesnikov and G. M. Panchenkov, Neftekhimiya, No. 1, 48 (1962).Google Scholar