The role of flame in the mechanism of burning of powders
- 18 Downloads
A method has been developed for the investigation of the role of reactions in the flame in the mechanism of burning of condensed systems; this method is based on stationary retardation of the processes taking place in the flame.
Through the example of pyroxilin and nitroglycerin powders it has been shown that the effect of flame on the combustion rate at pressures up to 41 kg/cm2 is insignificant.
KeywordsBurning Nitroglycerin Combustion Rate Condensed System Stationary Retardation
- 1.Ya. B. Zel'dovich, Zh. eksperim. i teor. fiz.,12, 493 (1942).Google Scholar
- 2.P. F. Pokhil, Sb. Fizika vzryva, Izd. AN SSSR,2, 181 (1955),3, 93 (1955); 8, 104 (1956).Google Scholar
- 3.O. K. Rice and R. Ginell, J. Phys. Chem.,54, 855 (1950).Google Scholar
- 4.W. H. Avery. J. Phys. Coll. Chem.,54, 6 (1950).Google Scholar
- 5.S. S. Penner. J. Appl. Phys.,19, 3 (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.L. N. Gal'perin and Yu. R. Kolesov, Competitive work of the Inst. of Chem. Phys. AN SSSR [in Russian], Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.A. F. Belyaev, Zh. fiz. khimii,16, 1909 (1940).Google Scholar