Reactions of fluoro olefins
- 22 Downloads
In competition for conjugation with an olefinic bond the phosphono group has a mote powerful electronwithdrawing effect than the trifluoromethyl group. The reaction of diethyl perfluoropropenylphosphonate with various nucleophilic reagents leads to products in which a fluorine atom in theβ -position relative to the phosphono group is replaced.
It was found that the electron-withdrawing effect of two trifluoromethyl groups is more powerful than the effect due to one phosphono group: in the reaction of diethyl perfluoroisobutenylphosphonate with nucleophilic reagents it is theα-fluorine atom that is replaced; in the case of diethyl α-hydrohexafluoroisobutenylphosphonate, addition products are formed with nucleophilic reagents, i.e. α-substituted-α, β-dihydrohexafluoroisobutylphosphonic esters.
KeywordsEster Diethyl Fluorine Trifluoromethyl Fluoro
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. L. Knunyants, E. Ya. Pervova and V. V. Tyuleneva, Dokl. AN SSSR 129, 576, (1959).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Walborsky and M. Scharz. J. Amer. Chem. Soc.75, 3241 (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.E. McBee, O. Pierce, and D. Smith, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.76, 3722 (1954).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Walborsky and M. Baum, J. Organ. Chem.21, 539 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Cook, O. Pierce, and E. McBee, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.76, 83 (1954).Google Scholar
- 6.I. L. Knunyants and Yu. A. Cheburkov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 2162 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.I. L. Knunyants and Yu. A. Cheburkov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 1516 (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.Ch'ên Ch'ing-yün, N. P. Gambaryan and I. L. Knunyants, Dokl. AN SSSR133, 1113 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.V. F. Plaskhova and N. P. Gambaryan, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 681 (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.A. E. Arbuzov, Zh. russk. fiz. obshch.59, 243 (1927).Google Scholar
- 11.B. A. Arbuzov, B. P. Lugovkin and N. P. Bogonostseva, Zh. obshch. khimii20, 1468 (1950).Google Scholar
- 12.M. W. Buxton, M. Stacey, and I. C. Tatlow, I. Chem. Soc. 366 (1954).Google Scholar
- 13.M. I. Kabachnik and P. A. Rossiiskaya, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 365 (1945).Google Scholar
- 14.E. McBee, O. Pierce, H. Kilbourne, and E. Wilson, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.75, 3152 (1953).Google Scholar
- 15.H. Shechter and F. Conrad, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.72, 3371 (1950).Google Scholar