Stereochemistry of cyclic compounds
- 56 Downloads
The diene condensation of 1-vinylcyclohexene with the ethylψ -ester of malealdehydic acid was carried out: it goes structurally and sterically selectively and leads to the adduct (III) with a cis-syn configuration.
A study was made of the hydrolysis and isomerization of the adduct (III) and of the corresponding saturatedψ-ester (IX) into the isomericγ-aldehydic acids having a free aldehyde group at C2.
KeywordsEster Hydrolysis Aldehyde Adduct Diene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. O. Schenck, Angew.Chem.,64, 12 (1952).Google Scholar
- 2.G. O. Schenck. Liebigs Ann. Chem.,584, 156 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Alder and F. Fariña, Anales real soc. espan. fis. y quim. (Madrid),54B, 689 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Bowden, I. M. Heilbron, E. R. H. Jones, and B. C. L. Weedon, J. Chem. Soc., 39 (1946).Google Scholar
- 5.I. N. Nazarov, V. F. Kucherov, and V. M. Andreev, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. khim. nauk, 817 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.I. N. Nazarov, V. F. Kucherov, and V. M. Andreev, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. khim. nauk, 1091 (1956).Google Scholar