Hydrolysis reactions of alkylhydrocyclosilazanes and dialkylcyclosilazanes
- 49 Downloads
The stability of alkylhydtocyclosilazanes and dialkylcyclosilazanes to hydrolysis was investigated. Alkylhydrocyclosilazanes are hydrolyzed more rapidly than dialkylcyclosilazanes.
The hydrolytic stability of dialkylcyclosilazanes is affected by the size of the silicon-attached alkyl group. With increase in the size of this group, the rate of hydrolysis of the silazane is reduced.
Replacement of the hydrogen on the nitrogen of alkylhydrocyclosilazanes by a methyl group greatly reduces the rate of hydrolysis.
KeywordsHydrogen Nitrogen Methyl Hydrolysis Alkyl Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. O. Sauer and R. H. Hasek, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,68, 241 (1946).Google Scholar
- 2.N. G. Belen'kaya, M. G. Voronkov, and B. N. Dolgov, Zh. prikl. khimii,28, 887 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.K. A. Andrianov, G. Ya. Rumba, Zh. obshch. khimii,31, 4038 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Minne and E. G. Rochow, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,82, 5625 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Sokolov, Methods of Synthesis of Polyorganosiloxanes [in Russian] (Gosénergoizdat, 1959), p. 55.Google Scholar