Steric control of the asymmetric synthesis of N-substitued 2-methyl-4-piperidones
- 42 Downloads
Transmission of the iodomethylate of 1,2-dimethyl-4-piperidone by (S)-sec-butylamine gives 1-(S-sec-butyl)-2S-methyl-4-piperidone in 33% optical yield while transamination by (S)-l-methyl-2-phenylethylamine gives a 1:1 diastereomeric mixture of 1-(l-methyl-2-phenylethyl)-2 -methyl-4-piperidone.The decrease in the optical yield is related to the facile opening of the piperidone ring at the C-N bond with subsequent recyclization. The13C MIR data indicate that all the diastereomers of the 4-piperidones obtained are in the chair conformation with predominantly equatorial orientation of the methyl group at C(2). The chiral optical properties were studied and the absolution configurations of the 4-piperidones obtained were established.
KeywordsMethyl Organic Chemistry Optical Property Absolution Configuration Asymmetric Synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Grishin, V. M. Potapov, S. A. Abdulganeeva, T. A. Gudasheva, I. F. Leshcheva, N. M. Sergeev, T. A. Kudryavtseva, and E. Yu. Korchagina, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1693 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.J. A. Hirsch and E. Havinja, J. Org. Chem.,41, 455 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.A. J. Jones and M. M. A. Hassan, J. Org. Chem.,37, 2332 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Booth and D. V. Griffiths, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans 2, No. 6, 842 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Djeerassi, J. Osiecki, and E. J. Eisenbraun, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,63, 4433 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.O. Yu. Magidson and G. A. Garkushka, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,11, 339 (1941).Google Scholar
- 7.Organic Syntheses [Russian translation], Vol. 5, Izd. Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1956), p. 53.Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Dunia, E. G. Rukhadze, and V. M. Potapov, The Preparation and Study of Optically Active Compounds [in Russian], Izd. Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow (1976), p. 292.Google Scholar