Role of saturation in the multiphoton transitions
- 12 Downloads
The effects of a medium (of collisions) on the probability for two-photon absorption in a three-level system are analyzed. It is shown qualitatively that saturation can occur, under conditions more stringent than for one-photon saturation. A possible mechanism for lowering the population state of the radiation flux during multiphoton ionization is discussed.
KeywordsRadiation Population State Radiation Flux Multiphoton Ionization Multiphoton Transition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Karplus and J. Schwinger, Phys. Rev.,73, 1020 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.C. H. Townes, Phys. Rev.,109A, 665 (1946).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Kubo et al., Statistical Mechanics, Interscience, New York (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.G. S. Voronov and N. B. Delone, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,50, 78 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Delone and N. B. Delone, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,54, 1067 (1968).Google Scholar