Heat transfer characteristics in the channel of a segmented electric-arc gas heater
An experimental investigation has been made of heat transfer in a segmented gas-stabilized electric-arc heater. It has been found that in the pressure range 4·103−200·103 N/m2, the heat transfer in the heater channel may be expressed in terms of the Knudsen number, and it is shown that the heat transfer decreases with increased expansion in the channel.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Statistical Physic Experimental Investigation Pressure Range Transfer Characteristic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. E. Sheindlin, E. I. Asinovskii, V. A. Baturin, and V. M. Batenin, ZhTF,33, no. 10, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Nikolaev, Thermal and Intensity Charac-teristics of an Argon Arc Plasma Jet [in Russian], Author's abstract of Candidate's dissertation, MVTU, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.I. V. Varlamov, ZhTF,33, no. 6, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.I. A. Krinberg, ZhTF,33, no. 5, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.E. R. Eckert and R. M. Drake, Theory of Heat and Mass Transfer [Russian translation], GEI, 1961.Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Devoino, IFZh,4, no. 6, 1961.Google Scholar
- 7.L. I. Grekov, Yu. V. Moskvin, V. S. Favorskii, and O. N. Favorskii, Basic Properties of Some Gases at High Temperatures [in Russian], Moscow, 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Pensky, Chem. Ing. Tech., no. 2, 1962.Google Scholar
- 9.A. E. Marenov, IFZh,7, no. 8, 1964.Google Scholar