Effect of antihepatocytotoxic serum on cellular and intracellular regeneration of the pathologically changed liver
- 16 Downloads
Parameters of regeneration of the liver (mitotic index, DNA synthesis, volume of hepatocyte nuclei, and histological structure) were studied in experiments on adult male rats with liver damage induced by CCl4 and receiving injections of antihepatocytotoxic serum (γ-AHCS) during regeneration of the liver after CCl4 poisoning; cellular and intracellular forms were found to predominate at different times. γ-AHCS given in a dose of 0.06 μg protein/100 g body weight per injection stimulates and prolongs regeneration of the liver at both cellular and intracellular levels.
Key Wordsliver antihepatocytotoxic serum carbon tetrachloride mitotic index index of labeled nuclei volume of nuclei histological structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Alekseeva, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 7, 75 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Babaeva and N. I. Kuznetsova, Patol. Fiziol., No. 6, 62 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.A. F. Blyuger and O. Ya. Kartashova, in: Advances in Hepatology [in Russian], No. 6, Riga (1977), pp. 120–132.Google Scholar
- 4.E. V. Gubler and A. A. Genkin, The use of Nonparametric Statistical Criteria in Medical and Biological Research [in Russian], Leningrad (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Kabat and M. Meyer, Experimental Immunochemistry, Thomas, Springfield, Ill. (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.D. S. Sarkisov, Essays on the Structural Basis of Homeostasis [in Russian], Moscow (1977).Google Scholar