Mechanism of early injury to the cardiovascular system by cardiocytotoxic serum
- 16 Downloads
A combined morphological and functional study of the capillaries and small vessels of the heart and viscera (lungs, liver, kidneys, spleen, skeletal muscles, etc.) of 50 dogs was undertaken during the development of acute cytotoxic injury caused by injection of anticardiac serum (ACS) into the coronary circulation in a dose of 0.5–1.5 ml. The investigation showed that injection of ACS was followed by a widespread reaction of the microcirculation of the whole body with disturbance of capillary permeability for macromolecular compounds and considerable changes in the morphological structure of the microvessels, which were most severe in the myocardium of the left ventricle.
Key Wordsanticardiac cytotoxic serum myocardium coronary circulation capillary permeability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Ado, in: Abstracts of Proceedings of the 2nd All-Union Congress of Pathophysiologists [in Russian], Vol. 1, Tashkent (1976), pp. 17–20.Google Scholar
- 2.N. N. Gorev, Kardiologiya, No. 2, 11 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.N. V. Zelenskii, Diffuse Salting Out of Proteins [in Russian], Kiev (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.R. F. Katsman, Kardiologiya, No. 10, 143 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Kozhura, “Permeability of the vascular wall in animals of different ages, both normal and with experimental atherosclerosis”, Candidate's Dissertation, Kiev (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Moibenko, M. M. Povzhitkov, and G. M. Butenko, Cytotoxic Injuries of the Heart and Cardiogenic Shock [in Russian], Kiev (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.R. S. Ptashekas et al., Arkh. Patol., No. 6, 11 (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.P. N. Yurenev and N. I. Semenovich, Clinical Features and Treatment of Allergic Lesions of the Heart and Blood Vessels [in Russian], Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Coons, in: General Cytochemical Methods, edited by J. F. Danielli, Vol. 1, New York (1958), p. 399.Google Scholar
- 12.D. A. Toung, Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. (New York),116, 220 (1964).Google Scholar
- 15.C. Steffen, Allgemeine und experimentelle Immunologie und Immunopathologie sowie ihre klinische Anwendung, Stuttgart (1968).Google Scholar