External convective mass transfer of a plate in a non-Newtonian liquid
The local mass transfer of a flat plate in a longitudinal non-Newtonian fluid flow has been analytically and experimentally investigated. The agreement between experiment and calculation is completely satisfactory. The effect of the rheological characteristics of the solution on the location of the laminar-turbulent boundary layer transition has been established.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Mass Transfer Statistical Physic Fluid Flow Flat Plate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z. P. Shul'man and B. M. Berkovskii, Boundary Layer of Non-Newtonian Fluids [in Russian], Nauka i tekhnika, Minsk, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Levich, Physicochemical Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, 1959.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Rowland, G. S. Springer, and M. G. Hill, Journal Fluid Mech.,24, part 4, 697, 1966.Google Scholar
- 4.G. S. Springer, Rev. Scient. Instr.,35, 1277, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Luikov, Z. P. Shul'man, and B. I. Puris, IFZh[Journal of Engineering Physics],14, no. 1, 1968.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Goldstein, ed., Modern Developments in Fluid Dynamics [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, 1948.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Kotaka, M. Kurata, and M. Tamura, Journal Appl. Phys.,30, no. 11, 1959.Google Scholar
- 8.O. Lamm, Nova acta Regial Soc. Scient. Upsala, ser. 4,10, no. 6, 1937.Google Scholar
- 9.A. H. P. Skelland, AIChE Journal,12, 69, 1966.Google Scholar
- 10.Acrivos et al., AIChE Journal,6, 312, 1960.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Schnurmann, Proc. First Intern. Rheol. Congr. Scheveningen, part 2, p. 142, 1949.Google Scholar
- 12.F. R. Eirich, ed., Rheology, Theory and Application [Russian translation], IL, Moscow, p. 701, 1962.Google Scholar