The possibility of approximating the boundary of a nonexpanded axisymmetrical jet to the arc of an ellipse
- 19 Downloads
An approximation of the boundary of the jet within the limits of the first “barrel” of the arc of anellipse is proposed (on the basis of analysis of schlieren-photographs of the stream in the range M a = 1 to 4.85, n=1 to 103, χ=1.3 to 1.67;β=0 to 21°). The results of calculations of the boundary according to the proposed method are compared with results of calculation by a method of characteristics, and with experimental data.
KeywordsExperimental Data Statistical Physic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. J. Wang and J. B. Peterson, Jet Propulsion,28, No. 5 (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Emel'yanov, Inzhener. Zh.,5, No. 3 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.T. C. Adamson and J. A. Nicholls, J. Aerospace Sci.,26, 16–24 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Love, C. E. Grigsby, L. P. Lee, and M. J. Woodling, NASA, TRR-6 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Ginzburg and B. N. Sobkolov, in: Heat and Mass Transfer [in Russian], Vol. 1, Énergiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. P. Finat'ev, L. A. Shcherbakov, and N. M. Gorskaya, in: Heat and Mass Transfer [in Russian], Vol. 1, Énergiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.G. N. Abramovich, Applied Gas Dynamics [in Russian], State Publishing House for Technical and Theoretical Literature (1953).Google Scholar